Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pet Food Documentary NOT Aired in U.S.

Touching words from a Teenager and Pet Food Documentary

* By Susan Thixton
* Published 11/2/2008


This morning I received an email from a young woman – 16 years old – that wanted to know what she could do to help with the letters to Congress regarding pet food. Her email asked me “I would like to know how I can make a difference for the sake of my own dog and other people’s beloved pets around the nation. I don’t know if I will be of much help since I am only sixteen years, but I am willing to try whatever I can (and whatever my parents will permit) in order to support your cause.”

On a follow up email from her: "I am excited to be a part of this petition; I always hoped that I could somehow make a difference in the world as a young person, and this is an opportunity that I do not intend to miss out on. And what's also great is that I am a writer for my school newspaper, and so I can spread the word throughout my school by writing a short feature piece or even a full article on this issue. I hope to be a journalist one day so that like you, I can expose the corruption and conflicts in our society so that instead of the citizens remaining blissfully unaware of what is happening in their country, they can demand change."

Her message touched me, as I hope it does you. This email was from a teenager who I’m sure has many more things on her mind than the safety of pet food. Yet she took the time to volunteer, and with her parents permission, she wants to help change things. Kudos to her and to her parents, I’m sure they are proud.

I want to thank everyone that has emailed me so far, ready to help. And I want to encourage many more of you to join in this effort. Only about half of the 50 states are represented so far, we need every State represented, and many more pet owners sending letters or emails. Changes will not take place unless we all demand changes. Federal law is being ignored by the FDA, and this should not happen. I will post the example letter to Congress on TruthaboutPetFood.com later this week, after the election; and as well forward the letter directly to those who have emailed me to volunteer. The important issue of our letters is to request a response from your Representative and to forward those responses back to me. All responses will be posted on the website; the world will be able to read who in Washington is standing up for the interests of our pets and standing up for Federal law, and who isn’t. The FDA will not bow down on this easily, to be effective we will need to publically announce who in Congress thinks it’s acceptable for the FDA to ignore Federal law, and who does not. With pressure from Congress, the FDA will be forced to adhere to the law and pet food will be changed.

If you have not read the article regarding the FDA ignoring Federal law, here is the link: Link
Please consider helping, it will take only moments of your time and it could make a huge difference in the lives of millions of pets. As one pet owner put it to me, we are finally giving our pets a voice.

I have located the Canadian pet food documentary "A Dog’s Breakfast", online. The quality of the video isn’t the best, but the point of the video is crystal clear. This video was aired only once in Canada, and even though the Producers tried to offer the video for viewing in the US, yet no one aired it. Here is the link to the video: http://www.viddler.com/explore/jennifergoodwin/videos/4/

Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

Susan Thixton
Truth about Pet Food
Petsumer Report
www.TruthaboutPetFood.com

Are you subscribed to Truth About Pet Food Newsletter?

Want the 'heavy lifting' done for you?

Subscribe to Petsumer Report. Subscribers have access to ratings on over 700 pet foods and treats - reporting imported or U.S. only, human quality or lesser grade, Shelf Life, and red flag pet food ingredients. 40+ new reviews added monthly. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.

No comments: